Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Glasses, who needs 'em?

The thing that bums me out the most is that I have all these darling 1920's cloche hats, but my Mom is right; once you have to wear glasses, hats lose their allure. Let's face it; the Queen doesn't look so great in her hats with her sensible spectacles. Mom is right. Damn my poor vision. But I did find the super cool website of Debby Burke with cute vintage-inspired glasses that may save me ( Fun Fashions- Vintage Inspired). I bet steampunk fans know all about this site. Mind you, I never actually wear my hats. I just think I'm going to. I love them, they do look darling, and I have ALOT of them, but once I stopped walking to work {my youthful days in Berkeley}, I kind of lost my hat-wearing opportunity.

Thank You Tumbled Euphoria for the photo

Unlike a coworker of mine, I don't think I can actually work in a hat all day. It's kind of hard to see. At least not wearing a cloche...and f'in reading glasses. Sigh. I'm so bummed out. Seriously. My sister walks to work wearing the cutest hats. They look fabulous on her. People stop her and bus drivers and taxi drivers fall in love with her. Oh well. Let me turn my attention away from hats to world hunger and see what I can better devote my middle-age time and attention to.

No comments:

Post a Comment