Saturday, May 31, 2014

Fall on your knees

oh hear the Angel voices....

A double-page spread in my Each Little Bird That Sings journal. This spread means alot to me and I'm finally getting to the simplicity that I crave.


The photo transfer was done with my ink-jet printer and Shear Heaven transfer paper. It's wonderful for image transfers and I encourage you try it. I save the used paper after the transfer and use it to make stencils, so although it is costly,  I try to use it as completely as I can. I then stamped  "His tender mercies" Psalm 145:9 , which is one of my most beloved psalms.  I am not  formally Catholic or Christian, but I am very spiritual.



The second page was simply black chalkboard paint and brush lettering which I am totally infatuated with and more stamping. Brushes play a crucial role in hand lettering and in this case, several sizes of round tips get that lovely script. I find I can only do brush lettering standing up, it really takes your whole arm in movement.

I try to humble myself, to be ever listening for the Angel's voices, to be grateful for His tender mercies over all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment